Tuesday, May 6, 2008

On the 2nd day...Agenda-less?

Well...what a day. Today the Lord re-affirmed one of the greatest spiritual principles there is. That being the fact that we can be used more powerfully thru our weakness than our strengths. Another would be that of balance in our journey with Christ.

I read a column that got me thinking about how many "contemporary" Christian people have truly missed it. This specific writing went in to detail about how we need to be Christ-followers that don't have agendas. It stated that we need not sermonize people, but just engage them in love and let them see our light. This individual described how he felt pressed by the Spirit to speak with someone about Christ, but didn't follow thru with it. This someone then actually began to speak to him about joining a "christian" cult group, and he was annoyed and dissapointed that he had been set up and preyed upon. He then used this example to explain how we should essentially stop evangelizing and just live in Christ.

Oh how he had it wrong...the Lord has strongly pressed my heart about this matter. He had part of it right, but has neglected an equally important element based on his bitterness. He could have been the vessel that offered a solid dose of Truth to that someone, but instead he held back and was dissapointed by a cultish sales pitch never to receive the blessing that the Lord offered him in that situation. That person needed to see beyond the deception just like any lost soul.

The great commission won't let us just live around and hope people see that we are spiritually attractive. Jesus gave us an example that was highly verbal about truth. Yet he also was a man of loving action. How are we to share the gospel if we never speak it? Just as well...how are we to bear fruit if we never take action? We must be people of balance...those that walk by the spirit...taking action in obedience and living with the utmost integrity even to the smallest degree.

Well enough about my dissapointments in the larger "Christian" circles. I had another issue that the Lord made wonderfully aparent today. He affirmed that in my weakness he is great! My offering was certainly less than perfect today. I wanted to bring a great song of praise to Him, but I found myself drowning in self-doubt both as I worshipped alone and as I worshipped with our lifegroup. I just wanted to grasp that feeling like I had accomplished something, but the Lord showed me that he is satisfied with my heart and not what I can do by my own talents. I found that I was leading others into the throneroom of God by my service, and though I was not content with my offering...God used it!

Lord thank you for using me for anything. You are always faithfull, and somehow you always give me joy when I don't feel like there is anything to be joyfull about. I pray that you will keep me accountable to the standards that you have put on my heart. I want to give you everything so that I have nothing to hold on to but your grace. Let all that I do be used for your glory, and forgive me for everything that I have held on to. Amen.

No comments: