Wednesday, May 14, 2008

10th day...Simple Awe

Today a friend of mine sent me a youtube clip that I will post on the end of this blog...but I found in highly interesting. Basically, this pastor was speaking with a micro-biologist or something like that...in their discussion he was asked (with enthusiasm) to research a protein called Laminin. This protein was described as "the rebar" of the body...it holds everything together and dictates the way that cells are used, ect. So this pastor googled this protein and found something amazing. Laminin actually (physically) has the shape of a cross. Not just two lines of equal length, but the vertical line is taller than the horizontal (creating the shape of the actual crucifixion device).

As I read thru some different comments on this sermon...I found one particularly disturbing. Essentially this person commented that we see what we want to see, and that this was no affirmation...just a misrepresentation.

What happened to the joy and wonder that is displayed in God's creation?

Why must everything that we find excitement in be contested by the less faithful (most of which are in our own churches). Don't get me wrong...I certainly do not want to blow anything out of proportion and create a new doctrine...but why can't we just take these things as wonderful affirmations of God's glory and move on to the next day in fullness of joy. I long for the day when I can live in a way that prefers to see the marvelous glory of God in creation rather than trying to challenge everything. Again, I am not saying that we should not confront possible falsehoods...but come on people! Let us live in joy. I want to be excited about the greatness of God every day. I want to live in awe of His glory.

Lord teach me to live in awe. Let me not get so caught up in what I know that I become unteachable. Show me everything that you have for me...both big and small. I will do my best to give you praise for all things. Thank you Father. Praise you for your creation and the wonders of this life. You are greater than all of it. All things in Jesus name. Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4

1 comment:

Aubrey and Jen said...

Love this post bro! It totally resonates with me. As we grow in our faith, it vital that we fight to keep the childlike wonder.