Monday, May 5, 2008

The first day...Feelings

This is the beginning of a 21 day commitment. I have put myself in an accountable position with another follower of Christ to spend at least a small portion of my time each day in solitary worship and contemplation before God:

So this is the first day...

"Surround me Lord with your presence. Teach me how to be still. And as I wait I will trust you. Forever changed by your will." The words of a prayer that I had during one of the largest transition periods of my life. It seems as though I may be there again. Yet somehow I don't really understand how to be still. I can't believe that I am actually a bit fearful of this process...I feel as though I am out of my comfort zone when I am not in a group setting or talking with God "on the go".

I long for feeling in worship that I don't seem to get that often. I have come to understand a life of following Christ regardless of the way I feel, but sometimes I desire to pour out my emotion to God...to let him see my passion...yet it is almost always reserved. However, this is the time for me. I am going to let God know how I feel. My goal is to be unhindered in my connection...to feel as well as to know.

Father teach me something that I have not yet learned, and speak to my heart about where you are leading me. Give me wisdom and grace during this process. Accept my apology for not doing this sooner. You are great and gracious.

No comments: