Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 15...New stuff

I started a new job today, and I have made a commitment to be the most consistent example of Christ as possible while I am there. I am going to attempt to keep my eyes open and ears in tune to what the Lord is speaking to me. They have a bible study...so maybe I will be able to offer some of the things that He has taught me to that group. Then again, maybe I will just learn some things.

It is such an exciting prospect...isn't it? The fact that we get the endless opportunity to be ambassadors for Christ in this world. I can only hope that I take full advantage of the chances that I am given to offer this love that I have access to.

During my time today I was reading the story of Lazarus rising from the dead. I won't post the whole story because it can be found in John 11, but I was made aware of something different this time around. In this story Jesus was actually described as angry to the point of tears because of the lack of faith that his own followers displayed in the situation. How interesting? Jesus told them time and again that He had it under control, but they kept doubting and acting as if it was all over. So then He raises Lazarus from the dead, and everyone believes again??? Oh how I never want to be guilty of that kind of disbelief. I want to hear His voice clearly, and know that He has it all under control.

Father, I am sorry for the times when it took something miraculous for me to have faith in you. Have mercy on me as I am sinner. Thank you for this job opportunity that you have lead me to. Help me to be aware of the things that you will have me accomplish there. Teach me something new this week. All things in Jesus name. Amen.

No comments: