Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 18...Accountability by the Spirit

Today I learned that God wants our everything...even down to the smallest rhetoric. As I have been navigating a new job, I have been convicted about the the intentional way that I live out being/living in Christ. All of the ways that I tend to cunningly skirt around vocalizing my knowledge of Him have been exposed. When in conversation with another believer, I found myself quieting my voice only when I used a number of key terms...Jesus, Christ, Salvation, The Spirit, ect. The cool part is this: The Spirit convicted me of my wrong doing in this way. I was made aware of the fact that I was actually being timid about the Truth. As I have asked the Lord to search my heart and expose any inconsistency He has been opening my eyes to a number of issues such as this that hinder the work of the Spirit in my daily life. I can't wait to see what's next!

Jesus...I love you. Thank you for the gift of the Holy Spirit. I ask that you would lead me in my progression of boldness and understanding. Be with me as I move further along in this job, and give me wisdom to know what your will would be in the many new situations I will encounter. Amen.

No comments: