Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The 3rd day...He is always working

Wow...God is rocking my world. It amazes me how he is always at work, and if you doubt it just read the following scripture:

“So the Jewish leaders began harassing Jesus for breaking the Sabbath rules. But Jesus replied...My Father is always working, and so am I.”

-John 5:16-17

How do we ever doubt that God is at work in our lives if we are truly seeking after Him? What ever gives us the right to say that anything we do is not "spiritual". The Spirit is working thru the believer constantly. I love that! What we might consider to be chaos...the Lord works into perfect harmony by His Spirit. We must stop trying to put the things of God into a formula for success. Some times we just need to allow the Spirit to move in us. I want to live a life worshiping, working, serving, learning, teaching, growing...all with the direction of the Spirit.

"26 And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. 27 And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers[a] in harmony with God’s own will. 28 And we know that God causes everything to work together[b] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. 29 For God knew his people in advance, and he chose them to become like his Son, so that his Son would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. 30 And having chosen them, he called them to come to him. And having called them, he gave them right standing with himself. And having given them right standing, he gave them his glory."

-Romans 8:26-30

Thank you Lord that you chose me! Thank you that you are at work in my life constantly. In turn I want to give you everything that I have and will ever have. I never want to be guilty of squandering your grace. Father teach me to listen...expose my weakness and conform me to your likeness. Forgive me when I doubt you. Forgive my hypothetical faith, and aide me in practicing faith that is a reality. As always, you are great and gracious. Amen.

No comments: