Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thank God for People

You know...people disappoint me some times...

I really get sick of how they act like they care or talk like they care, but when it comes down to it they really don't care. It's like a never-ending game of "psych!". You know when you say or do something believable and then retract it by yelling PSYCH! Maybe that was just a sick game that we played...anyways...I digress. I just grow weary of watching people play those games with no regard for the impact that it has on others. I keep wanting to ask the question, "does the church ever really make it to the point where we live family?" Or do we just talk about it and only show that kind of love to the people that we so chose.

The weird part is that God asks me to care about people even when they don't care about me. The even weirder part is that when I truly begin to care about other people and their struggles in life...I start to care less about how much they care about me.

Ultimately, I have to learn to love people because God loves people (unconditionally)...and that is enough for me.

I love the lesson given when Jesus prays for us in John 17:20-26 (read it when you get a chance). Immediately following this dynamic prayer for blessing and unity among new believers...he is betrayed by someone close to him (Judas). Talk about "people" huh.

That's all I needed. God has seen more disappoinment than I have...end of story.

1 comment:

Mark Lunsford said...

"when I truly begin to care about other people and their struggles in life...I start to care less about how much they care about me."

Great point! Even though it's harder to practice than to say, we need to constantly remind ourselves of this. Thanks for the reminder!