Monday, June 2, 2008

An old blog that I found...

Check this out...I wrote this a long time ago on my myspace page, and it spoke to me today. God is good:

From the words of one of my favorite songs:

"The more I seek you, the more I find you"

"The more I find you, the more I love you"

I find it interesting that this is truly the process I go thru in my pursuit of God. When I truly seek Him, I find Him...when I find Him, I can't help but fall in love with Him. That love places the desire in my heart to follow His words, and following His words create love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, and they give me hope (Gal. 5:22). That process forces me to check myself every day. I can no longer be complacent in every day life because if I am truly a "Christ-follower" the Spirit will always keep me accountable for my actions and/or non-actions. If I ever lose that desire...I fear that I was never saved at all, but I rest in His promise that He will never leave or forsake me (Heb. 13:5...read the whole chapter).

I guess my point is that I truly believe that those of us who don't "currently" have a desire for God need to question whether or not salvation is with us. How can one say that they are a "Christian" and not desire to seek Him and to make Him known to others. How can a "Christian" live in sin doing what they know is not right, and trying to make justification for it. The answer is that you can't. Of course we will fail sometimes, but the key is that we do not want to fall short of righteousness. We will not justify our sinful actions...we will repent and correct them. Our desire for God will overcome our sinful nature, and we can successfully live in God's will.

Maybe this is just a thought for those who don't feel like God matters "right now".

-Jonathan

No comments: